What is the Alliance of the Southeast, or ASE (pronounced like the verb “hacer” in Spanish – “ah-say”, or “to do or make”)?
ASE is a multicultural, interfaith coalition of churches, schools, businesses, and community organizations, all working together to address the challenges facing the neighborhoods of Southeast Chicago. Formerly the Alianza Leadership Institute, we have grown from our beginnings as series of leadership skills workshops to a powerful network with over 17 community partners representing thousands of people.
Our Mission: What We Do
We build the capacity of leaders, organizers, and associations that carry out community and social change. We envision a powerful grassroots base that impacts decision makers and wins real improvements in our neighborhoods.
Whether we’re ending youth violence, creating local jobs, reducing recidivism, or advocating for economic justice- our voices are stronger together!
ASE carries out this mission by:
· Building a strong alliance of active faith-based institutions, community organizations, schools, businesses, and individuals
· Hosting listening sessions to ensure that issues of concern to constituents are campaigns that are prioritized
· Establishing the leadership skills necessary for members to take power for themselves
· Giving members the tools and support necessary to win projects that they build and lead from start to finish
· Partnering with organizations in other regions and participating in city-wide events that are relevant to our cause